Even though we are now releasing the AIMS platform and introducing new agents, we are still improving our existing BizTalk agent. Something else that hasn't changed is the fact that you can install this agent in only a few minutes. Take a look below and read how the BizTalk agent is installed, both through writing and video!
The agent must be installed on all BizTalk servers in the environment you want to monitor. You should be logged in with a user with local admin rights before starting the install.
The installer will install two agents to properly monitor your BizTalk servers: a Windows Server agent and a BizTalk agent.
|Install .NET Framework 4.0|
|Standard https (port 80/443) must be open in the firewall (for AIMS onpremise, the portnumber is selected in the server installer)|
Create a domain account (or local account if you are running the BizTalk SQL on same server as the BizTalk Server) that will serve as the service-account for the Agent. The Agent service-account must be a member of:
The newly created service account must be added in the BizTalk SQL server under "Logins" with:
|Verify that the BizTalk server(s) does not have another monitoring agent or CLR profiler installed. This can cause the AIMS agent to disconnect the monitoring. If you run SCOM performance monitoring on the BizTalk servers please disable this functionality.|
- Right-click the AIMS Agent Installer and select "run as administrator".
- Select which of your predefined environments the agent should connect to. The environments are created in the AIMS GUI before you install the agents.
- Single server install: let the agent installer create an new "system" for both the server agent and the BizTalk agent
- Multi-server install:
- For the first BizTalk server, have the agent installer create an new "system" for both the server agent and the BizTalk agent
- On all other BizTalk servers in the same group let the agent create a new "system" for every server agent and point the BizTalk agent to the existing system (BizTalk group)
- Make sure you follow the instructions in the installer, and that you have done the tasks in the "Prerequisites" section. If you do not let the installer restart the BizTalk hosts, make sure you restart them manually. In all cases, make sure to check that your BizTalk hosts have actually been restarted.
- If you are using Isolated Host, make sure you also restart the IIS on all BizTalk servers.
Configure anomaly detection
- To enable automated anomaly detection for the whole BizTalk group you will need to login to the AIMS GUI.
- Access the corresponding environment, then go to Topology -> Overview section
- You should now see all your individual servers and the BizTalk group you created during agent install.
- Click "Edit" and drag one of the servers on top of another server. A virtual group will now be created. All systems within this group will be automatically correlated for anomalies.
- Continue to place all servers and finally the BizTalk group into the virtual group.
- Hit save and you are done with the anomaly detection setup.
Install example video - multi server (this is a reinstall so server system already exists)